Comparison: Best French Lavender Essential Oils
Seemingly overnight, essential oils became the face of the do-it-yourself (DIY) self-care movement—and it is not surprising. Essential oils are versatile. You can integrate them into homemade skincare, aromatherapy, therapeutic and first aid products, and more. They are also natural and family-friendly.
All About French Lavender Essential Oils
The key to joining the world of essential oils is finding a scent that works for you. French lavender essential oil is an excellent option because of its calming fragrance and healing properties. Since essential oils are a concentrated version of the plant, you will get the French lavender essential oil benefits with just a few drops. Also, not all French lavender essential oils are alike. The growing environment causes changes in the oil’s fragrance and the strength of its benefits and, thus, its suited uses. Companies have different quality, as well. Be sure to check out reviews. Here is our review of Rocky Mountain Oils. We recommend only buying from respectable brands.
Common Benefits and Uses
French lavender is one of the most popular essential oils on the market. Why? Because there are many lavender oil benefits and uses. French lavender essential oil uses include:
- Aromatherapy: This is one of the most popular uses for French lavender. Add a few drops to your diffuser and create a calming environment to help you wind down.
- Sleep: Rub a drop (or two) of French lavender essential oil between your palms to diffuse. Next, lightly rub your oil-coated hands over your pillowcase. The scent of the oil will help you relax and fall asleep.
- Soothe burns: Apply a few drops to minor burns to provide relief and aid healing.
- Stress: Inhale the scent of lavender from the bottle (or from a few drops rubbed between your palms) to relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Laundry: If you are washing clothes, add a few drops to the rinse cycle. If you are drying clothes, add a few drops of French lavender essential oil to a dry cloth and place it inside the dryer. Both methods will leave your laundry smelling fresh.
- Skincare: Add a few drops to a carrier oil, mix well, and apply to the skin to reduce inflammation and moisturize.
The list of French lavender benefits does not stop here. Do not be afraid to get creative with how you use it.
“French Lavender” vs. “Regular Lavender” Essential Oil
You may be asking what distinguishes French lavender from other lavender. Lavender is native to many countries, including England, France, Bulgaria, and Spain. English lavender is the most common variety, though.
English lavender is small and has moderate enough growth to maintain in a small home garden. However, a French lavender plant can grow up to three square feet. The sheer size of the plant makes it difficult to maintain in the average home garden.
Because the plants, growing regions, and growing conditions are different, so are the oils produced from them. The scents of French lavender vs. regular lavender essential oil vary, too. French lavender is lighter and less noticeable. That is one reason concentrating it in an essential oil form is the best way to harness the power of French lavender’s scent and properties.
What to Look for in French Lavender Oil
Depending on what you plan to use your French lavender oil for, you may want to look for specific characteristics before purchasing.
- If you plan to put French lavender essential oil in your diffuser, make sure that the packaging notes that it is aromatherapy/diffuser-friendly.
- If you plan to cook with your French lavender essential oil, make sure that the label notes that it is 100% pure French lavender essential oil and food-grade.
- If you plan to put French lavender oil on your face, make sure that you dilute it with a carrier oil. Doing this adds an extra measure of security against adverse skin reactions.
Best French Lavender Oils Rankings
Organic Pure True French Lavender Essential Oil from Lavandula Angustifolia
Eden’s Garden Lavender French Essential Oil
French Lavender Essential Oil by Essential Depot
French Lavender Essential Oil Blend by Pure Body Naturals
With the multitude of French lavender essential oils available, it is helpful to know which products are suitable for specific purposes and why.
We have reviewed four of the best French lavender essential oils to assist you in finding the perfect product. Learn about the pros, cons, and specifications of each oil in our list.
1. Organic Pure True French Lavender Essential Oil from Lavandula Angustifolia
Organic Pure True French Lavender Oil is a fan favorite. It is 100% pure Lavandula angustifolia—or true lavender—oil and perfect for aromatherapy. This brand sources its lavender from one of the largest lavender-producing areas in France.
Dilute this French lavender with a carrier oil for most topical needs. It relieves the symptoms of menstrual cramps, soothes headaches, and more. If you have experienced the heavenly smell of lavender in France, this brand’s scent will transport you back there.
- 100% pure
- Perfect for topical application
- Works well with diffusers
- Not food-grade
- For external use only
Eden’s Garden’s French Lavender Essential Oil is 100% pure and cultivated by a woman-owned, family-operated business. Lavender essential oils have esters, which are natural chemical compounds that give the plant many of its topical benefits.
This brand of French Lavender essential oil has a higher amount of naturally occurring esters, a result of the altitude where it grows. Some of the topical benefits you can receive from the esters in this oil include anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and calming effects.
Since the ester content is so high, the primary beneficial use of this essential oil is as a therapeutic, topical treatment.
- 100% pure – highest quality aromatherapy oil
- Therapeutic grade – effective as a topical treatment for pain and inflammation
- Works well for aromatherapy
- Not food-grade
- For external use only, not for use in open wounds
This French Lavender Essential Oil by Essential Depot is perfect for use in skin treatments. They follow fair trade practices and all their products are bio healthy. The bottle is sealed with a black phenolic cone lined cap for an extra safe seal. You will need to dilute it in a carrier oil first, but you will love its fragrance and feel once you do.
- Laboratory-analyzed to assure the product is safe for use on skin
- Supplied in 4 oz. amber bottle with sealing safety cap to keep the product fresh longer
- Enhanced topical benefits
- Good choice for aromatherapy
- Not 100% pure
- Not food-grade, for external use only
Pure Body Naturals French Lavender Essential Oil Blend stands out. This French lavender essential oil has been third-party tested for purity. The brand’s goal is to ensure that all customers get a clean, safe essential oil for a family home with pets.
The brand urges customers to use this essential oil the way they see fit except for consumption. It may not be food-grade, but you can use it any other way that you like. The purity and versatility of this essential oil make it a top choice in French lavender essential oils.
- 100% pure, third-party tested
- Safe for pets
- Convenient 4 oz. bottle with medicine dropper cap
- Perfect for aromatherapy or use in cosmetics
- Not food grade
- For external use only
It is easy to get overwhelmed by the information you find online. There are so many choices of French lavender essential oil brands that knowing what you intend to use the oil for will aid in your search. There are a variety of French lavender essential oils that are 100% pure, safe for a home with kids and pets, and safe for topical use. You might be looking for particular calming or therapeutic properties, and the right brand will tell you everything you need to know right on the packaging. With so many options available, you should have no problem finding the best french lavender essential oils that’s right for you.